The new Area Sales Manager is mainly responsible for German speaking customers as well as Central Europe region and will be the key interface to the customer and prospects. Maintaining existing business and supporting at these customers continues growth, technical and commercial support. Beside the existing business it’s also important to open new accounts at prospects, identifying the product need and closing the business. The Area sales manager should also help the Marketing team to find some new markets or define new product requirements for EP and PP. The new Area Sales Manager for Central - East will be located in a Home Office and will report directly to the Sales-Manager and into the Sales-Marketing CPE organization.
- Work closely with customers/prospects to identify applications and win New Business Opportunities through close liaising with marketing and engineering colleagues within the total supply chain.
- Provide highest level of service for ongoing business and bringing closed business through to start of production.
- Identification, assessment and closure of New Business Opportunities.
- Build and expand relationships with potential customers and seek to “design in” the company’s current and future technology to customer’s future products.
- Communicating pro-actively Sensata Technologies strategies and tactics to the customer and manage customer expectations.
- Qualify new customer programs / new development trends, engage with customer on new projects at early stage, and execute new business development to program closure.
- Give feedback of market requirements & competitor activities to the marketing department and product groups.
- Responsible for the commercial negotiations (e.g. value proposition) and technical communication with the customers. In addition the management of contract enforcement for example implementation of long term price agreements.
- Control of actual business – monitor deviations of actual vs. plan, comment forecasted development, monitor and define corrective actions if necessary, contribute on measures to overcome critical customer situations, monitor and analyze activities of competition.
- Act as a team-leader of cross-functional key account management teams within the Sensata Technologies organization.
- Support the Marketing team to identify new market requirements and product needs.
- Manage and support the distributor with product and application know how.
- A Bachelors or Masters Degree level in Engineering (ideally mechanical/electrical or electronically, but other technical degrees also welcome), or a Business degree with significant experience in a technical environment.
- Sales experience, preferable in Business to Business in an industrial environment
- Experience in sales of technical products
- Excellent communication skills, plus a high degree of self-motivation and determination.
- A natural commercial aptitude (ability to close a deal), a focus on contributing to the customer requirements and a drive to solve problems rather than report them.
- Establishing and executing plans, driving for results, influencing and listening, building & sustaining relationships, communication skills.
- Commercial skills, negotiating skills customer orientation, presentation skills, understanding for future business potential.
- Fast reaction on requests, willingness to support in problem solving and to take ‘ownership’.
- Execute excellent information flow and a fast communication internally and to the customer.
- English and German are required languages (speaking and writing).
- Additional languages would be beneficial.
- Experiences in working from a home office
- Willing to travel extensively.